Lies and Lashon Hara against a Tzaddik

Thoughts, questions, and discussions of all topics pertaining to Torah
Forum rules
1. Polite discourse only. No ad hominem attacks or any other name-calling
2. No politics.
3. No comparative religion, no bashing other religions.
4. NO MISSIONARIES! Not even for Karaites.
5. Moderators may delete or break links to other web sites.
6. This is an Orthodox forum. Attacks on Halacha will not be tolerated.
7. Moderators reserve full rights to edit and delete posts, and ban users.

Lies and Lashon Hara against a Tzaddik

Postby steve » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:02 pm

The Tzaddik Rabbi Eliezer Berland has been subject to so many lies and Lashon Hara. His speech at the Arab winter stadium in 2012 was a righteous Tzaddik speaking, even someone on a low spiritual level like myself can see he is a Tzaddik.

Rabbi Eliezer Berland is now left in an Israeli Jail suffering and close to death, I don't understand how this can happen?

The lies and Lashon Hara will never stand up in court, the truth will prevail.

"I appeal to you from the heart which is torn and broken,as I am a victim by those criminals and villains who concocted this.....I want to defend my innocence and my honor in court and prove their is no credibility to these charges against me........I have been caused much grief by rumors and gossip.......I appeal that you daven on my behalf and do your best to have me released towards protecting myself and my dignity" Rabbi Eliezer Berland to the head Rabbi of Israel.

Rav Berland once taught that the Tzaddik is like a mirror : Whatever a person sees when he looks at the Tzaddik is simply a reflection of himself. The Tzaddik shows the person who he really is. If he comes with a negative attitude and outlook then that's what he'll see reflected back at him. And if he comes with a positive attitude and outlook, then that's what he'll see when he looks at the Tzaddik. This is one of the tests in coming close to the Tzaddik.........
steve

Re: Lies and Lashon Hara against a Tzaddik

Postby David_L » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:04 pm

I don't know anything about Rabbi Eliezer Berland other than what I see on web sites, and it's hard to know what's true and what's false.

As for Lashon Hara, I know that we're not supposed to use it, but newspapers and internet news sites would probably be 90% empty space if everyone actually observed that practice.
David_L

Postby steve » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:31 pm

David, there is no possibility of any truth in this Lashon Hara, How can a perfect Tzaddik fall ?

What chance has any of us got if it were true ?

Leading Rabbi's have been told by the Rav not to support him openly because of the chillul Hashem

Thanks Steve
steve

Postby rivka » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:53 pm

steve wrote:How can a perfect Tzaddik fall ?

The gemara makes it very clear that anyone -- ANYONE -- can fall into temptation and do wrong. There are no perfect people, and no perfect tzaddikim. Perfection is a goal we must strive for, but an unattainable one.
rivka

Postby steve » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:46 am

Thanks for pointing that passage out Rivka.
steve

Return to Torah Forum